Here are our current COVID-19 Procedures
Thank you to all of our clients for staying with us over the past few months. Hopefully, we will be able to see you all very soon.
We have been working hard behind the scenes to get new Covid-19 protocols in place so that we can visit our clients safely. We also wear PPE on all visits.
If any of our clients require copies of our protocols – please drop us an email or message.
- On the day of the work, call ahead to your customer to ask if they or any occupants have signs of the virus, have been diagnosed, or are self-isolating, and to check that they are comfortable with your visit to take place
- Explain to your customers what you will be doing, and why, and that you will need to maintain a safe distance from them (2m or 6 steps away is current Government advice), including when waiting for the customer to open the door.
- Do not shake hands with the customer or other occupants.
- Ask if the occupants can stay in another room, away from the work area(s) whilst the work proceeds, and with permission ventilate the work area where appropriate, e.g. by opening a window
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, at the start of the job and after (also during the work). We carry your own hand-towels with our equipment. Wash/replace hand-towel at end of each day/shift
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wear suitable work gloves
- Wear a mask ensuring nose and mouth are covered.
- If you feel unsafe or at risk at any point, undertake a personal risk assessment and leave the premises if necessary. You can re-plan for a future date if appropriate, after ensuring everything is made safe.
- Customer/Engineer signature – is this required by the work?….can it be avoided, or an electronic copy can be sent on the day, or at a later date (use and/or sharing of pens, tablets or mobile phones may pose a risk of contamination/infection)
- Wipe down any operational rubber gloves, tools and instruments used within the premises;
- Remove and place into a plastic bag any wipes, disposable gloves and overalls used, whilst trying not to cross-contaminate onto existing clothes or persons;
- Do not touch your face;
- Ensure you then clean/wash your hands, and where possible/appropriate any reusable PPE (e.g. safety glasses), using soap and water, or use suitable hand sanitizer on hands before moving to your next job
- At the end of each day and following the appropriate local waste regulations dispose of any bagged waste in line with any existing business process and/or Government guidance